So it begins. I think it behooves me to begin with the beginning, to explain a bit of my reason for writing and my own background. With any fortune, someone who starts here will have a good idea of whether he or she wants to read any further.
The inspiration for this blog comes mostly from reading. I read and enjoy the work of G.K. Chesterton, C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, Czeslaw Milosz, and many others. I also occasionally read (and enjoy somewhat less) newspaper editorials, Google News, political commentary, and the like. I am writing, perhaps, mostly because I do not wish to become like the cynics I often see every day.
I am Christian, Reformed by persuasion. While I do not intend to write (very much) about theology, I am sure it informs my opinions. Those who think Christians cannot be right should probably not read much further unless you are willing to read things that you don't like. But please don't accuse me of not showing my hand before I write.
This is my first attempt at really writing for the public forum; I hope you'll forgive freshman mistakes, and allow me a bit of latitude. We are human, and we change. We grow, both in stature and age, and hopefully in wisdom. And should my opinions change, I hope it is due to the last.
No comments:
Post a Comment