I have had a bit of writer's block lately, and I have not had much time to exercise it out of my system these past few days.
I have spent some time reading Chesterton's Orthodoxy in the past week, along with some other books. (It's available online at the Christian Classics Ethereal Library.) It is an interesting work; Chesterton's brand of thought it not so prevalent today. He would eat most journalists for lunch. It's scary to think that the early 1900s had Chesterton, but we just get Andy Rooney.1
I have spent some time talking with friends about morals and moral authority, also. It is a difficult thing to summarize (and I have tried), made all the more so because I am not at liberty to divulge their stories. Suffice it to say that any attempt at relative morality really defeats itself.
Tim Enloe (blog at right) also wrote a couple small biographical sketches recently that readers might be interested in. Boethius among others—they're short, to the point, and easily digestible. Pick'em out.
[1] I have often thought it ironic that a man who has no reason to complain is paid to do so on a regular basis.
No comments:
Post a Comment